Moosehorn Heritage Museum Inc.


Home About Events History Our Buildings Web Links Donations


History


The Moosehorn Heritage Museum (M.H.M.) was created in 1974

as the result of local volunteers recognizing the need to preserve, protect and display the artifacts used by our

pioneer settlers, enabling future generations to view our history.

Since the museums inception it’s focus has evolved into a compound consisting of five buildings depicting multiple eras of

local history, local artists and an extensive

photographic library by Sid Watchorn.


CN Station – built 1918, closed 1982


The Buztynski House – built 1913

Masonic (Manitouwapa) Lodge No. 156 – built 1956/1957


CFS Gypsumville Radar Base Site – built 1961-1963, opened 1964, closed 1987


St. Thomas Church (Replica) – built 2007-2009, original built in 1915